Hey there folks. We’ve been busy putting the podcast together as of late, and we’re finally set to start recording full episodes. We want to get at least five episodes recorded before we start posting them. This has been a fun undertaking, but it’s also made things kind of hectic around here. You see, putting the podcast together while maintaining our writing schedule on here, and working on our personal projects has been tough. There’s just not enough time in the week.
I’ve been working on a short story that should’ve been finished months ago, but every time I go to work on it I realize something else needs done for DPW. I also have been planning to write my first novel (which I’ve been putting off because of all the work we’ve been doing), and Spencer wants to work on a short story collection which I’ll be involved in. Throw in the press events, reviews, and everything else, and you can see how we keep getting backed up with work.
Long story short, we decided instead of cutting our workload on the site, we would first put a call out to writers who would like a place to show off their work. We’ve been thinking about this for a while now, but we weren’t sure if people would be interested. It’s not a paid gig as we are nonprofit and only share work out of passion. So, anyone interested in writing for us would be doing so because they believe in what we do and want a forum to show off their writing.
Here’s what we publish weekly:
- Mondays are articles related to writing and literature. You can check out examples of what we share here.
- Tuesdays are life, health, and opinion pieces. These are more open topics not necessarily related to writing. You can check those out here.
- Wednesdays are set aside for comic related articles and reviews. These usually publish under Spencer’s Fast and Easy tag.
- Thursdays are all about poetry. Right now we have one in-house poet who publishes work for us. You can check out all our poetry here.
- Friday’s are our flash fiction day. These are stories up to 800 words. We publish flash fiction pieces every single Friday and are also open to the general publish for anytime submissions. Here’s the flash fiction page.
- Saturdays are set for short stories and miscellaneous work.
- Sundays are set aside for classic literature and classic poetry. We are not looking for contributors for Sundays.
Here’s what we’re looking for from writers:
- Articles about writing, reading, and writing tips.
- Life articles and opinion pieces about various life topics.
- Comic book articles.
- Flash fiction pieces on any topic or theme.
- Short stories under 2000 words.
We are also open to other ideas for articles and topics we could share. We prefer anyone interested in writing for us do so on a somewhat consistent basis—meaning a person who wants to become a member of DPW rather than just a featured writer. More specifically, someone who would share work with us at least twice a month.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Drunken Pen Writing team, fill out the contact form below and let us know what your ideas are, a brief bio including writing history, and a brief summary of why you want to write for us. Once we receive your query we’ll contact you, going into more detail about what we do and what our goals are.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!